Friday, September 2, 2011

September is here!

Thank you so much for those of you who were able to attend Tuesday’s parent information evening. If you were not able to attend I have sent home the information that I shared, so if you have any questions please let me know!
I will hopefully have our class email group ready by this weekend… starting next week I will be emailing you to notify you that our class blog has been updated. If you would rather receive newsletters by paper copy please let me know. This will hopefully be one of the last paper newsletters that I send home. Our class blog can be found at www.crookersclass.blogspot.com . I will upload spelling words at the beginning of the week and class news at least every other week. You will receive an email letting you know that our blog has been updated. (No pictures or names of your children will be published.) There are a lot of spelling, reading, and math games that are linked on the blog.
A note went home today about Grandparent’s day. If you could cut off the bottom and return to school by next Wednesday I would greatly appreciate it! This will let me know who is coming! If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Just a reminder that field trip money and permission slips were due Friday. I will be sending home extra copies Friday to return next Tuesday if needed.
Health- This week we spend some time getting to know our families. We have read stories and have talked about what makes up each of our families.
Math- We spent a lot of time practicing patterns and number order this week. We practiced grouping objects into groups of ten and leftovers. In the last half of the week we took turns stamping patterns, making patterns with blocks, and creating caps in patterns after reading Caps For Sale.
Thank you for your continued practice of spelling at home!
Mrs. Crooker

No comments:

Post a Comment